Monday, January 19, 2009

New Beginnings

We have a new president... and I am so thrilled. I watched the inaguration today at work with the kids with an intensity I've never given to presidental politics (around interruptions for things like heating up lunch, and coaxing a 5-year old to eat her chicken). I truely hope that the change that will come, will find us at home as well.

After the challenges of the ice storm, losing the baby and our wonderful Pandora - not to mention the health issues Obo and I have faced lately - we could use some change. The good news is that things feel like they're moving back to normal for our household (despite my back injury after slipping on ice Sunday, grrr.). Smiles and laughter were far more present than they have been for quite some time.

I have hope.

No comments: